* Recipe from Bottle Hollow Farm
- Let 2 eggs come to room temperature.
- Grease iron skillet with oil.
- Melt butter.
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
- Use a large bowl to mix by hand or use a stand mixer to combine butter and sugar. Add in remaining ingredients in order: eggs, milks, corn meal and flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour into cast iron skillet. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool a bit, but slice and serve warm. Enjoy!
- Make your own Buttermilk by mixing 1 1/2 milk with a generous 1 Tbsp vinegar. Mix and set aside for 5 min.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix.
- Add in wet ingredients and mix batter until smooth.
- Let sit 10 min for the ingredients to blend.
- Scoop onto hot, buttered griddle with 1/4 cup and cook through until golden.
- Top with your favorite pancake accessories and enjoy!
Oatmeal - Stovetop and Overnight
Combine ingredients together in pot, stir and skim off any floating kernels
or hulls. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes
until soft. Stir continuously so they don't stick to the bottom.
1/2 Cup Heartland Craft Grains Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt, 1/2 Cup Milk
Mix ingredients in a mason jar and set in refrigerator overnight.
Top with your favorite oatmeal accessories and enjoy!
Rye Chocolate Chip Cookies
* Recipe modified from The Hungry Hutch
1 3/4-2 cups Heartland Craft Grains Rye Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup chopped chocolate or chips
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars in a bowl. Stir in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Lastly, mix in the chopped chocolate.
- Portion the cookie dough into balls and place onto baking sheet 2 inches apart, and press gently into a puck.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and bake until the cookies have spread and are browned on the bottom, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!